Before the winter lifts its veil and releases its hold, the blossoms of the Flowering Cherry tree reveal the first blush of Spring, thus heralding the new season. Your cherished departed will forever be represented by an overwhelming show of beauty as the dark maroon buds open to reveal their soft, pink petals, then give way to the tender green of the leaves as the season matures. With a Flowering Cherry tree, you will continue to be reminded every year of the times you shared and the beauty inside your loved one, now a delight to the eye and comfort to the heart for everyone to enjoy.
These biodegradable Flowering Cherry cremation urns contain the seeds for the tree in the lid, and includes an unique mix that aids in the release of beneficial plant nutrients which are found in cremated ashes. By themselves, ashes are harmful to plants’ health and well-being. However, by planting our keepsake tree urn with your loved one’s cremated ashes, you cultivate a mixture that nourishes and sustains your memorial tree. The urn planter comes inside a beautiful keepsake tin, which can be used after planting the tree as a keepsake memorial chest for letters, trinkets, photos, and more.
**Note: These are very small urns, intended to hold only a small amount of remains (35 cubic inches). If you would like to plant trees using all of the remains, figure 1 cubic inch per 1 pound of body weight. So a 175 lb individual would require 5 of these biodegradable memorial tree urns (175 lbs / 35 cubic inches = 5 urns).**
- Uniquely designed memorial product
- Includes keepsake tin
- Tin dimensions: 6-1/2" high x 3-1/2" wide
- Urn dimensions: 6" high x 3" wide
- Holds 35 cubic inches of remains
- Eco-friendly, biodegradable materials
- Contains real tree seeds
- Contains mixture which utilizes remains to help grow tree
- Plant urn to grow a beautiful Flowering Cherry tree
- Ideal for planting in zones 5-8 (see map below)
- Our memorial tree urns have a capacity of 35 cubic inches
- The Flowering Cherry tree seed urn will hold the equivalent of 35 lbs of body weight
- To simply calculate the volume of remains, follow this formula:
- One pound of the individual's healthy body weight will require one cubic inch capacity
- A 190 lbs individual will require a capacity of roughly 190 cubic inches
- For more detailed info, see our article "What Size Urn Should I Get?"
Shipping & delivery
- Free standard ground shipping
- Usually ships from our facilities in 1-3 business days
- Time in transit varies; generally 2-7 business days
- Rush shipping can be arranged; contact us for details
- Phone orders, questions, or comments please call toll free (877)900-5309
Planting zone map
- This urn is ideal for planting in zones 5-8. Flowering cherry seeds are typically planted in the spring, germinate over the winter, and begin to show the following spring. Instructions are included, but we also recommend that you research how to plant flowering cherry seeds in your area.
Memorial Tree Urn unboxing video