Camouflaging its true age with its luminous green bark, the Palo Verde Tree presents an opportunity to memorialize a loved one with an illustrious blanket of brilliant golden blooms and wonderfully filigreed green leaves. An important element in an arid or semi-arid ecosystem, Palo Verde trees are used by birds for nesting and roosting, and wildlife use them for shelter and food.
The golden canopy cover reduces the temperature beneath the tree which is important for the germination of other desert plants. Especially serving as the main nurse plant to the saguaro cactus, this tree stands out in any arid backdrop, immortal and eternal.
These memorial tree cremation urns contain seeds embedded into the lid for you to grow a beautiful Palo Verde tree. Additionally each urn is constructed to include an unique biodegradable mix that aids in the release of beneficial plant nutrients which are found in cremated ashes. By themselves, ashes are harmful to plants’ health and well-being. However, by planting our memorial tree urns with your loved one’s cremated ashes, you cultivate a mixture that nourishes and sustains your Palo Verde tree. The urn planter comes inside a beautiful keepsake tin, which can be used after planting the tree as a keepsake memorial chest for letters, trinkets, photos, and more.
**Note: These are very small urns, intended to hold only a small amount of remains (35 cubic inches). If you would like to plant trees using all of the remains, figure 1 cubic inch per 1 pound of body weight. So a 175 lb individual would require 5 of these biodegradable memorial tree urns (175 lbs / 35 cubic inches = 5 urns).**
- Uniquely designed memorial product
- Includes keepsake tin
- Tin dimensions: 6-1/2" high x 3-1/2" wide
- Urn dimensions: 6" high x 3" wide
- Holds 35 cubic inches of remains
- Eco-friendly, biodegradable materials
- Contains real tree seeds
- Contains mixture which utilizes remains to help grow tree
- Plant urn to grow a vibrant Palo Verde tree
- Ideal for planting in zones 8-9 (see map below)
- Our memorial tree urns have a capacity of 35 cubic inches
- The Palo Verde Tree seed urn will hold the equivalent of 35 lbs of body weight
- To simply calculate the volume of remains, follow this formula:
- One pound of the individual's healthy body weight will require one cubic inch capacity
- A 190 lbs individual will require a capacity of roughly 190 cubic inches
- For more detailed info, see our article "What Size Urn Should I Get?"
Shipping & delivery
- Free standard ground shipping
- Usually ships from our facilities in 1-3 business days
- Time in transit varies; generally 2-7 business days
- Rush shipping can be arranged; contact us for details
- Phone orders, questions, or comments please call toll free (877)900-5309
Planting zone map
- This urn is ideal for planting in zones 8-9
Memorial Tree Urn unboxing video