Crafted in the USA from premium Walnut lumber, the Boxwood Companion Cremation Urn is designed to hold the remains of two individuals. A study in modest yet refined simplicity, this Walnut wood memorial is our premier combination of artistry and affordability in companion urns. The shape, a soft-edged rectangular box, is adorned with well-placed etched lines which leave the beautiful wood grain uncluttered and free from distractions.
To personalize this urn, we can engrave any text, such as names, dates, and brief inscription, into the surface of the wood on the top or front of the box. Select options above. For ideas on how to compose inscriptions on companion urns, see here.
Additionally, you can choose to add one or more smaller "keepsake urns" in the same elegant Boxwood urn design. These small keepsakes are ideal when the remains are shared among family members. Each Boxwood keepsake urn is made from the same authentic Walnut wood with etched decorative lines and holds up to 55 cubic inches of ashes.
- Made in the USA
- Premium walnut wood with stunning wood grain
- Graceful design with clean lines
- Laser etched bands surround the sides
- Dimensions: 10.75" x 8.5" x 7" high
- Standard companion urn capacity
- Designed to hold the remains of two individuals
- Includes removeable interior divider panel
- Optional engraved inscription
- Optional smaller keepsake urns
- Bottom opening panel accessed via four screws
- Personalized inscription
- Laser etched onto the surface of the wood companion urn
- Choose location: Top or Front of urn
- Choose font: Block, Italics, or Script
- Ideal for customizing with names, dates, and brief epitaph
- Smaller sharing keepsake urns
- Identical smaller urns for sharing ashes among relatives
- Affordable for the entire family
- Keepsake urns measure 7" x 4.5" x 4.5"
- Keepsake urns hold 55 cubic inches
- Please contact us if you would like the keepsake urn(s) engraved
- Standard size for a companion or "double urn"
- Calculate roughly 1 cubic inch per pound of body weight
- Example: a 175 lbs person will require 175 cubic inch capacity
- The Boxwood Companion Urn has a capacity of 400 cubic inches
- Thus, this urn will hold two individuals with a combined weight of up to 400 lbs
- Each add-on sharing keepsake urn holds 55 cubic inches
Shipping & delivery
- This item is made to order in 1-3 business days
- Standard ground shipping is included at no charge
- Time in transit varies; usually around 2-7 business days
- Expedited shipping can be arranged, contact us for details
Q: How do the remains get into the urn?
A: Each of our wood urns has a bottom panel which is easily removed using a standard screwdriver. Flip the urn upside-down, unscrew the four screws holding in the panel, then remove the bottom panel. The box will be open on the inside. Place the plastic bag(s) holding the ashes into the urn and secure the bottom panel back into place. Here is a brief video demonstration:
Q: Are the couple's remains supposed to be commingled?
A: It's completely up to the family. Some couples or families prefer the symbolism of commingling, while others are satisfied with the remains separate (which preserves their individuality) yet combined within the companion urn (which displays their unity). If you choose to commingle, pour the remains together into a single plastic bag and place the bag containing the commingled remains into the urn. Otherwise, place each bag side by side into the urn and re-affix the base as described above.
Q: I'm new to this idea of "companion urns" and would like more information. Where can I learn more?
A: You can always call us (877-900-5309) and our knowledgeable staff will help you in any way possible. We also have our comprehensive Complete Guide to Companion Urns available, in which you will find all the info on companion urns in one detailed article.
Q: What are the sharing keepsake urns available along with this companion urn?
A: A sharing keepsake urn is just a smaller urn, but it is intended for use when "sharing" the ashes among family members. Usually, keepsake urns are crafted to look just like the "main" urn. Some families will divide the remains equally, while others choose to use an urn such as the Boxwood for the majority of the couple's remains, then share just a small token amount of ashes among family members. It's completely up to you how you would like to arrange the final disposition, which is why we have designed the Boxwood Cremation Urn package so that you can easily divide the remains into portions as you see fit, or just choose the standard companion urn.