Here are the filling instructions for your new Sterling Silver Cremation Jewelry. These notes are good for the necklaces and pendants, rings, and bracelets.
Our cremation jewelry selection includes these gorgeous and popular cremation rings, which are made in the USA and come with your choice of birthstone to honor your loved one.
Before You Get Started
- Gather the tools provided in the jewelry fill kit, along with a soft mat or towel and the cremated remains.
- Place the mat or towel in front of you on a table with your tools, jewelry, and remains nearby.
- Take the cremated remains and separate an amount that is particularly fine in grain. It should resemble a fine powder.
- Note: Insead of or in addition to the cremated remains, you may also insert other tiny mementos like hair, dried flowers, or special dirt from a significant place into the fill hole of your jewelry. Please be aware that your memorial jewelry will only accept a very small amount of cremated remains.
Filling Your Cremation Jewelry
- Take your cremation jewelry in your non-primary hand (your 'weak' or non-writing hand)
- Find the small screw-head on the under or back side, and orient the memorial jewelry so that the screw-head faces up.
- With your primary or writing hand, remove the screw using the included allen wrench. Set the screw aside.
- Take the included brass funnel and place it into the fill hole. It should be set on a slight angle, keeping it at a 10:00 or 2:00 posisiton.
- With your free hand, put a small amount of the sifted remains into the funnel and help it into the jewelry by slighty tapping the funnel.
- Remove the funnel. Brush and clean the threads using the included thread cleaning brush.
- Replace the screw, carefully aligning the threads and secure it using the allen wrench.
That's it! You're done, and the remains will be safely held within your new memorial jewelry piece forever. If you're reading this guide on how to fill cremation jewelry as research before getting your own memorial jewelry, you can bookmark this page or pin the image below to save it for later. And be sure to check out our selection of cremation jewelry, which includes sterling silver, 14k gold, and more in a variety of designs including birthstones.
Each year the Spring season kicks off on March 20 (formerly March 21). As the sun comes out with more regularity, as the spring showers give way to blooming flowers, as the greens and pinks and whites of healthy grass and youthful blossoms emerge, Spring is an estimable time to remember your loved one with [...]
What is the significance of scattering ashes? What does scattering ashes symbolize? This is an important question to address, as each culture and each individual may have different ideas about the meaning of scattering ashes. As more and more people choose cremation, the question of what to do with the ashes becomes the next major decision [...]
Our Raku-fired ceramic cremation urns are beautiful and very popular with our customers. Hand crafted in the USA, each urn is individually bisqued and fired using a reduction chamber to create incredibly colorful splashes of copper-colored brilliance.Here are two recent handmade Raku-fired ceramic cremation urns.First, the Imperial:The "dolphin blue" finish beneath the copper flashing adds warmth and [...]
What is our best-reviewed companion cremation urn? Without a doubt, our most popular and beloved companion urn is the Together Again. The Together Again Companion Urn is a gorgeous wood urn crafted in the USA from your choice of Walnut or Oak wood, featuring a lovely and iconic woodcarved inlay image of a devoted couple walking hand-in-hand down an [...]
In recent weeks we've added a few new cremation urn designs to our collection. These memorials have been chosen for their emphasis on artistry, utility, and personalization options.You can click or tap on each picture for more information, including product details, personalization options, and to order.ARTISTIC URNSTwo examples of our newest artistic urns include the Celestial [...]
The Cowboy Cremation Urn, which features and cowboy and horse "Riding Home" scene inlaid within a walnut wood cremation urn, is a premium wood art urn made in the USA, and just one of many in our Dimensional Art Urns Collection.Pictured in the dark walnut wood but also available in oak and maple woods, this rustic urn [...]
If you're a visual learner, you probably prefer a YouTube video to an in-depth article. Here is our Cremation Urn YouTube Playlist, curated by us here at Urns Northwest featuring a variety of videos we think are helpful, informative, and beautiful. What is a cremation urn? How do I open a cremation urn? Demonstration of opening a wooden urn. [...]
Culled and curated from our extensive memorial collection, here are seven lovely pink cremation urns.1. CORONA CERAMIC PINK CREMATION URNA soothing harmony of hand thrown pottery craftsmanship, the Corona delights the eye with subtle pinks and splashes of contrasting purples, finished with a glaze containing 22k gold. Available here.2. BIODEGRADABLE SEA SCATTERING URNThis pink cremation urn is [...]
Everyone wants to find the best cremation urns with the most options at the best prices. But how do you do that and have peace of mind when shopping for urns online? Here are some tips to help you find the right funeral urn for your loved one. TIPS FOR FINDING THE BEST CREMATION URNS Research your [...]