Filling Instructions for Sterling Silver Cremation Jewelry
Here are the filling instructions for your new Sterling Silver Cremation Jewelry. These notes are good for the necklaces and pendants, rings, and bracelets.
Our cremation jewelry selection includes these gorgeous and popular cremation rings, which are made in the USA and come with your choice of birthstone to honor your loved one.
Before You Get Started
- Gather the tools provided in the jewelry fill kit, along with a soft mat or towel and the cremated remains.
- Place the mat or towel in front of you on a table with your tools, jewelry, and remains nearby.
- Take the cremated remains and separate an amount that is particularly fine in grain. It should resemble a fine powder.
- Note: Insead of or in addition to the cremated remains, you may also insert other tiny mementos like hair, dried flowers, or special dirt from a significant place into the fill hole of your jewelry. Please be aware that your memorial jewelry will only accept a very small amount of cremated remains.
Filling Your Cremation Jewelry
- Take your cremation jewelry in your non-primary hand (your 'weak' or non-writing hand)
- Find the small screw-head on the under or back side, and orient the memorial jewelry so that the screw-head faces up.
- With your primary or writing hand, remove the screw using the included allen wrench. Set the screw aside.
- Take the included brass funnel and place it into the fill hole. It should be set on a slight angle, keeping it at a 10:00 or 2:00 posisiton.
- With your free hand, put a small amount of the sifted remains into the funnel and help it into the jewelry by slighty tapping the funnel.
- Remove the funnel. Brush and clean the threads using the included thread cleaning brush.
- Replace the screw, carefully aligning the threads and secure it using the allen wrench.
That's it! You're done, and the remains will be safely held within your new memorial jewelry piece forever. If you're reading this guide on how to fill cremation jewelry as research before getting your own memorial jewelry, you can bookmark this page or pin the image below to save it for later. And be sure to check out our selection of cremation jewelry, which includes sterling silver, 14k gold, and more in a variety of designs including birthstones.