When you choose to have your loved one's remains nourish and grow to become the heart of a Sugar Maple, you are showing the world the seasons of change and wonder this beautiful tree brings to us.
In Spring, the Sugar Maple buds are green and the tree fills the admirer with anticipation of the beauty to come. Next, Summer adds a full covering of deep green leaves that soak up the sun and the limbs grow strong, beckoning children to climb its solid branches. As the summer sun lowers in the sky, you’ll know Fall is here by the magical, vibrant display of kaleidoscopic color. Even after the leaves and the seeds of your Sugar Maple are covering the ground, children cannot resist playing and the seeds bring forth new life. Winter finds this beautiful specimen standing strong against nature’s forces, awaiting the Spring once again in honor of your loved one's memory.
These biodegradable cremation urns each contain the seeds to a Sugar Maple tree inside the lid, along with an unique mixture that assists in releasing the beneficial plant nutrients which are found in cremated ashes. By themselves, ashes are harmful to plants’ health and well-being. However, by planting our memorial tree urns with your loved one’s cremated ashes, you cultivate a mixture that nourishes and sustains your memorial tree. The urn planter comes inside a beautiful keepsake tin, which can be used after planting the tree as a keepsake memorial chest for letters, trinkets, photos, and more.
**Note: These are very small urns, intended to hold only a small amount of remains (35 cubic inches). If you would like to plant trees using all of the remains, figure 1 cubic inch per 1 pound of body weight. So a 175 lb individual would require 5 of these biodegradable memorial tree urns (175 lbs / 35 cubic inches = 5 urns).**
- Uniquely designed memorial product
- Includes keepsake tin
- Tin dimensions: 6-1/2" high x 3-1/2" wide
- Urn dimensions: 6" high x 3" wide
- Holds 35 cubic inches of remains
- Eco-friendly, biodegradable materials
- Contains real tree seeds
- Contains mixture which utilizes remains to help grow tree
- Plant urn to grow an enduring Sugar Maple tree
- Ideal for planting in zones 3-8 (see map below)
- Our memorial tree urns have a capacity of 35 cubic inches
- This urn will hold the equivalent of 35 lbs of body weight
- To simply calculate the volume of remains, follow this formula:
- One pound of the individual's healthy body weight will require one cubic inch capacity
- A 190 lbs individual will require a capacity of roughly 190 cubic inches
- For more detailed info, see our article "What Size Urn Should I Get?"
Shipping & delivery
- Free standard ground shipping
- Usually ships from our facilities in 1-3 business days
- Time in transit varies; generally 2-7 business days
- Rush shipping can be arranged; contact us for details
- Phone orders, questions, or comments please call toll free (877)900-5309
Planting zone map
- This urn is ideal for planting in zones 3-8
Memorial Tree Urn unboxing video