The Handmade Celestial Aqua Raku Ceramic Cremation Urn is hand thrown in the traditional Japanese Raku-fired ceramics firing process. This handmade art piece is individually crafted with grace and elegance in honor of your loved one by a ceramic artist in the U.S.A.
In Raku ceramics, each piece of pottery is removed from the kiln red hot, the molten glaze silken and glowing. The urn is then placed in a bed of dry leaves and straw in an air-tight container. The dry plant material immediately bursts into flame once the “reduction chamber” is sealed. The flame and the smoking, oxygen starved atmosphere transform the glaze surface creating the unique, seemingly ancient, colors and textures of raku. Thus, each of our Raku-fired funeral urns are one of a kind and completely unique in the particulars of the design. The urn you receive will look different from the one pictured above.
You may order this stunning raku ceramic cremation urn in a several different sizes to suit your family's need; we offer Standard (180 cubic inches), Large (220 c.i.), Companion or Double Urn (375 c.i.), Child (75 c.i.), as well as a sharing keepsake size that holds 45 cubic inches of ashes. The general rule to follow when figuring size is that 1 lb. healthy body weight equals 1 cubic inch of cremated remains; thus, a 180 lb. individual would need a 180 cubic inch funeral urn. For more help on this, see here.
- Hand-made in the USA
- Gorgeous Raku fired "Aqua Crackle" finish
- Available in multiple sizes
- Easily sealable lid; see here for instructions
- Qualifies for free ground shipping
- Made to order in 3-6 weeks
- Dimensions, finish, and colors will vary
- Dimensions roughly 10-12" high by 6-9" wide
- Expedited shipping can be arranged
- Contact us toll-free at 877-900-5309 with any questions, or to arrange rush orders
Raku firing process