The Boxwood is our flagship combination of economy and premium woodcraft. Using thick and hearty walnut wood, the Boxwood Cremation Urn is built by Oregonian artisans in the USA with skill and precision, yet priced to be affordable for any situation. The simple design, with elegant lines laser etched around the sides, highlights the artistry and elegance of the craftsmanship. The individual grain patterns of the walnut wood cremation urn will vary, giving each piece a unique feel while providing you with a solid wood, American-made memorial fitting for your loved one.
We can engrave any text, such as name, dates, and brief inscription, into the surface on the top or front of the wooden urn. Select options above. Additionally, we offer smaller "keepsake urns" in the same elegant Boxwood shape and design. This is ideal when the remains are shared among family members. Each keepsake urn holds up to 55 cubic inches of ashes, and boasts identical craftsmanship and solid walnut wood construction in a smaller size.
- Made in the USA
- Premium walnut wood construction
- Simple design for affordability
- Laser etched lines grace the edges
- Dimensions: 10" x 7.5" x 5.5" high
- Standard adult urn capacity
- Optional engraved inscription
- Optional smaller keepsake urns
- Bottom opening panel accessed via four screws
- Personalized inscription
- Engraved into the wood surface of the standard sized urn
- Choose location: Top or Front of urn
- Choose font: Block, Italics, or Script
- Up to three lines of text
- Ideal for name, dates, and brief inscription
- Smaller sharing keepsake urns
- Identical smaller urns for sharing ashes among relatives
- Affordable for the entire family
- Keepsake urns measure 7" x 4.5" x 4.5"
- Keepsake urns hold 55 cubic inches
- Please contact us if you would like the keepsake urn(s) engraved
- The Boxwood Cremation Urn holds 200 cubic inches
- Standard adult urn size
- Figure roughly 1 cubic inch per pound of body weight
- Example: a 175 lbs person will require 175 cubic inch capacity
- Each add-on sharing keepsake urn holds 55 cubic inches
Shipping & delivery
- Made to order in 1-3 business days
- Free standard ground shipping
- Time in transit varies; usually around 2-7 business days
- Expedited shipping can be arranged, contact us for details
Q: What is a sharing keepsake urn?
A: A sharing keepsake urn is just a smaller urn, but it is intended for use when "sharing" the ashes among family members. Usually, the sharing keepsake urns are designed to look just like the "regular" urn. Some families will divide the remains equally, while others choose to use an urn such as the Boxwood for the majority of the ashes, then share just a small token amount among family. It's up to you how you would like to arrange the final disposition, and we have designed the Boxwood Cremation Urn package so that you can easily divide the remains into portions as you see fit, or just use the standard sized urn.
Q: How do we divide the ashes?
A: Often you can ask the funeral home to do it for you, and they will easily and happily divide, transfer, and secure the remains inside the urn and keepsakes. If you need to divide the remains yourself, we recommend using a plastic bag to secure the ashes in each portion. Then, removing the screws which hold the bottom panel onto the urn or keepsake urn, place the bag inside and secure the panel on again. This way you can measure out the ashes as you see fit all at once, then ship out the urn to the recipient or share with family members as they arrive in town.