Our Biodegradable Round White Quartz Sand Burial Urn is designed in an sleek yet natural modern sphere shape with decorative accents in attractive White Quartz. Sustainably produced, these eco-friendly sand urns are designed for alternative burial methods such as water or ground burial. Using a combination of actual beach sand and natural, vegetable-based gelatin, our sand cremation urns are made in an aesthetically pleasing round shape which is 100% biodegradable. The White Quartz sand urn is coated on the exterior surface with real natural white sand, reminding you of all the treasured of ocean memories you shared with your departed loved one.
Each of our biodegradable sand urns comes with a biodegradable, water-soluble plastic bag which will hold the ashes. Additionally, these burial urns are shipped in a box with custom protective packaging that provides your family with a convenient and discreet option for transportation. The box (and urn) will pass through airport security screenings and can fit in the overhead compartment of most commercial airliners.
For water burial service, consider adding packets of our Memorial Flower Petals for family members to participate in the service - select options above.
- Made in the USA
- 100% biodegradable
- Use for water or ground burial
- Crafted from natural, eco-friendly materials
- Combination sand and vegetable-based gelatin
- Hand-finished natural sand exterior
- Sphere shape with elegant border design
- Designed to float briefly in the water, then descend to biodegrade
- Includes water soluble biodegradable plastic bag to hold remains
- Comes with special cardboard case for easy transportation
- Will pass through TSA security screenings during travel
- Dimensions: 8.25" high x 9.75" diameter
- Capacity: 210 cubic inches
- Place remains into the included water soluble plastic bag, then remove the lid and place into the urn. Carefully moisten the inside lip and replace the lid, and the urn will seal itself.
- Water burial: designed with holes in the bottom of the urn, to float briefly then descend to biodegrade within about 3 days
- Ground burial: these sand urns biodegrade in the ground within 3 months
- This sand urn has a capacity for 210 cubic inches of cremated remains
- This urn will hold the equivalent of 210 lbs of body weight
- To simply calculate the urn capacity needed, follow this formula:
- One pound of the individual's healthy body weight will require one cubic inch capacity
- A 190 lbs individual will require a capacity of roughly 190 cubic inches
- For more detailed info, see our article "What Size Urn Should I Get?"
Shipping & delivery
- Free standard ground shipping
- Ships out within 2-3 business days
- Time in transit varies; generally 3-5 business days
- Rush shipping can be arranged; contact us for details
- Phone orders, questions, or comments please call toll free (877)900-5309